986-238-6582 • 730-874-6608
Splendid Assam Itinerary for 3 Days
Assam is a state located in the northeastern region of India, known for its rich cultural heritage, stunning natural beauty, and diverse wildlife. Assam is known for its tea gardens, which produce some of the world’s finest tea, and its wildlife sanctuaries, which are home to many rare and endangered species of animals and birds.
Assam Itinerary for 3 Days and 2 Nights
Assam Tour Itinerary Day 1:
- Arrive at the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati
- Check in to your hotel
- Explore the city of Guwahati, visiting popular attractions such as the Kamakhya Temple, Umananda Temple, and Navagraha Temple
- Take a walk along the Brahmaputra River to enjoy the scenic views and learn about the cultural significance of the river
- Visit the Assam State Museum to learn about the history and culture of the region
Assam Tour Itinerary Day 2:
- Drive to the Kaziranga National Park, one of the most famous wildlife sanctuaries in India and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Take a jeep safari or an elephant ride through the park to see the wildlife and learn about the unique ecosystem of the region
- Visit a local tea garden to learn about the tea-making process and sample some of the world-famous Assam tea
- Return to Guwahati in the evening and enjoy a traditional Assamese meal
Assam Tour Itinerary Day 3:
- Drive to the Sivasagar Sivadol, one of the largest and most important temples in Assam, dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva
- Explore the Sivasagar town, visiting the Sivasagar Tank and the Sivasagar Palace
- Return to Guwahati and take a flight back home or to your next destination.
This itinerary offers a good introduction to the rich cultural and natural heritage of Assam, with a mix of visits to important temples, wildlife sanctuaries, and scenic spots, and is suitable for those with an interest in history, culture, and nature.
How to Reach Assam
- By Air: The Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati is the main airport in Assam and provides regular flights to many cities in India, as well as several international destinations. There are also several other airports in Assam, including the Jorhat Airport and the Dibrugarh Airport, which provide additional air connectivity to the region.
- By Rail: Assam is well connected to other parts of India by rail, with several major railway stations located throughout the state. The largest and most important railway station in Assam is the Guwahati Railway Station, which is connected to many major cities in India, including Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
- By Road: Assam is also well connected to other parts of India by road, with a well-developed network of roads and highways. Many tourists choose to drive to Assam, either from neighboring states or from other parts of India, to experience the scenic beauty and rich cultural heritage of the region.
Things to Carry while planning Assam Tour
When visiting Assam, it is important to be prepared for the local climate and cultural norms. Here is a list of things to consider carrying on your trip:
- Light and comfortable clothing: Assam can get quite warm and humid, especially during the summer months. Light and comfortable cotton clothing is recommended for comfort.
- Rain gear: Assam is known for its monsoon season, which can last from June to September. A waterproof jacket or umbrella can come in handy during this time.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent: The sun can be intense in Assam, especially during the summer months. Sunscreen and insect repellent can protect your skin and keep you comfortable during your trip.
- Cash and a credit card: Assam has ATMs and banks available in major cities, but it’s always a good idea to carry some cash for small purchases or unexpected expenses.
- Camera: Assam is a beautiful and culturally rich region, with many scenic and historic sites to capture on camera. A camera can help you document your memories and share them with others.
- Comfortable walking shoes: Assam has many scenic and cultural sites that can be explored on foot. Comfortable walking shoes can make your travels more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Travel documents for International Travellers: Be sure to carry your passport, visa, and other important travel documents, as well as photocopies of these documents in case of loss or theft.
By carrying these items, you will be well-prepared for a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable trip to Assam.
In conclusion, Assam is a unique and culturally rich state in India, known for its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and diverse wildlife. From exploring the tea gardens and temples to cruising the Brahmaputra River and visiting wildlife sanctuaries, there is something for everyone in Assam.
With its excellent transportation connectivity, including air, rail, and road links, it’s easy to reach and explore this fascinating region. Whether you’re a nature lover, cultural enthusiast, or just looking for a relaxing getaway, Assam is an ideal destination. By being prepared with the right clothing and equipment, and keeping in mind the local climate and cultural norms, you can ensure that your trip to Assam is a memorable and enjoyable experience.