986-238-6582 • 730-874-6608
Kaziranga National Park, located in the state of Assam in India, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its unique natural beauty and diverse wildlife.
The park is home to the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses, making it a popular destination for tourists and wildlife enthusiasts. Here’s everything you need to know about visiting Kaziranga National Park.
Why Visit Kaziranga National Park?
Kaziranga National Park, Assam is famous for its large populations of one-horned rhinoceroses, elephants, tigers, and various species of birds. The park is also known for its diverse landscape, which includes grasslands, wetlands, and forests, making it an ideal habitat for a wide variety of wildlife.
The park’s unique location, surrounded by the Brahmaputra River and the Karbi Hills, provides breathtaking views and a peaceful atmosphere.
How to Get to Kaziranga National Park
The nearest airport to Kaziranga National Park is the Jorhat Airport, which is located approximately 60 kilometers from the park. From the airport, visitors can take a taxi or arrange for a private car to take them to the park. There are also several bus services available from Guwahati and Jorhat to Kaziranga National Park.
Guwahati to Kaziranga distance
The distance between Guwahati and Kaziranga National Park is approximately 217 kilometers. The quickest way to travel this distance is by road, which takes approximately 5-6 hours by car. There are also bus and taxi services available from Guwahati to Kaziranga National Park.
Best time to Visit Kaziranga National Park
The best time to visit Kaziranga National Park is between November and April when the weather is dry and the grass is short, making it easier to spot wildlife. During this time, visitors can enjoy elephant and jeep safaris, birdwatching, and guided tours of the park.
What to See and Do at Kaziranga National Park
- Elephant and Jeep Safaris: Kaziranga National Park Safari offers both elephant and jeep safaris, allowing visitors to get up close and personal with the wildlife.
- Birdwatching: With more than 450 species of birds, The park is a paradise for birdwatchers.
- Guided Tours: Visitors can take guided tours of the park, led by knowledgeable guides who will provide information about the park’s history, wildlife, and landscape.
- Nature Walks: The National Park offers several nature walks, allowing visitors to explore the park’s diverse landscape and see wildlife up close.
- Local Village Visits: Visitors can also visit the nearby villages, which offer a unique insight into the local culture and way of life.
Tourist Attractions in Kaziranga National Park
Here’s a detailed look at the top tourist attractions.
- One-Horned Rhinoceroses: The National Park is famous for being home to the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses. These magnificent creatures can be spotted in the grasslands and wetlands of the park, making for an unforgettable wildlife experience.
- Elephants: The National Park is also home to a large population of elephants, which can be seen roaming through the park’s diverse landscape. Visitors can take an elephant or jeep safari to see these majestic creatures up close.
- Tigers: The Kaziranga is also known for its large tiger population, which can be seen in the park’s forests and grasslands. Visitors can take a guided tour of the park to see these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
- Birdwatching: It is a paradise for birdwatchers, with over 450 species of birds found in the park. Some of the most popular birds to see include the greater adjutant, the Bengal florican, and the black-necked stork.
- Nature Walks: This park offers several nature walks, allowing visitors to explore the park’s diverse landscape and see wildlife up close. These walks are led by knowledgeable guides who will provide information about the park’s history, wildlife, and landscape.
- Local Villages: Visitors can also visit the nearby villages, which offer a unique insight into the local culture and way of life. The villages are home to the indigenous Mishing and Karbi tribes, who have a rich cultural heritage and are known for their traditional crafts and textiles.
- Brahmaputra River: The Brahmaputra River, which runs along the northern boundary of Kaziranga National Park, is a popular spot for river cruises. Visitors can enjoy stunning views of the park and its wildlife from the river, and also witness the stunning sunrise and sunset over the river.
- Cultural Programs: It also offers several cultural programs, including Bihu dances and other traditional performances, that showcase the rich cultural heritage of the region. Visitors can enjoy these performances and learn about the local culture and traditions.
Kaziranga National Park is a unique and diverse destination that offers a wealth of attractions and activities for visitors.
Resort in Kaziranga
There are many resorts in and around National Park that offer comfortable and convenient accommodations for visitors. Some of the most popular resorts include:
- Wild Grass Lodge: This resort is located in the heart of Kaziranga and offers a peaceful and serene environment for guests.
- Infinity Resort Kaziranga: This resort is located in the Western Range of the park and offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a swimming pool.
- Tesco Resort: This resort is located on the edge of the park and offers a unique blend of traditional and modern facilities.
- Banashree Tourist Resort: This resort is located in the central range of the park and offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a wildlife library.
- Bon Habi Jungle Resort: This resort is located in the Eastern Range of the park and offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a wildlife library.
These resorts offer a variety of amenities and services to make your stay in Kaziranga National Park as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. You can choose the resort that best meets your needs and budget.
Here are some frequently asked questions about visiting Kaziranga National Park
What is the best time to visit Kaziranga National Park?
The best time to visit Kaziranga National Park is between November and April when the weather is pleasant and the park is dry, making it easier to spot wildlife.
Q. How to reach Kaziranga National Park Assam?
Answer: Kaziranga National Park can be reached by air, train, or road. The nearest airport is Jorhat, which is approximately 2 hours away by road. The nearest railway station is Furkating, which is approximately 75 kilometers from the park. Buses and taxis are also available from major cities in Assam to reach the park.
Q. What are the entry fees for Kaziranga National Park?
Answer: The entry fees for Kaziranga National Park vary depending on the type of vehicle, the duration of the visit, and the time of year. The fees range from INR 20 for Indian citizens to INR 500 for foreign visitors.
Q. What activities are available in Kaziranga National Park?
Answer: Visitors to Kaziranga National Park can enjoy a variety of activities, including elephant and jeep safaris, nature walks, bird watching, cultural programs, and river cruises.
Q. Is Kaziranga National Park safe for tourists?
Answer: Yes, Kaziranga National Park is safe for tourists. The park is well-protected, and visitors are accompanied by trained guides and park personnel during their visit. However, it’s always advisable to take necessary precautions and follow the guidelines set by the park authorities to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Q. Can I see rhinos in Kaziranga National Park?
Answer: Yes, Kaziranga National Park is home to the largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses in the world, and visitors have a good chance of seeing these magnificent creatures during their visit.
Q. Are there accommodations available in Kaziranga National Park?
Answer: Yes, there are several accommodations available in and around Kaziranga National Park, including resorts, lodges, and guesthouses, to cater to the needs of visitors. Visitors can choose from a range of options based on their budget and preferences.
The Park in Assam is a magnificent and diverse destination that offers a unique and unforgettable experience for visitors. With its rich wildlife, breathtaking landscapes, and cultural heritage, the park is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves nature and adventure.
Whether you’re interested in wildlife sightings, nature walks, cultural programs, or simply enjoying the park’s beautiful surroundings, Kaziranga National Park Assam is an ideal destination for all.
So, if you’re planning a trip to India, be sure to include Kaziranga National Park on your itinerary and experience the magic of this incredible destination for yourself.