986-238-6582 • 730-874-6608
If you’re looking for a peaceful and picturesque getaway, the Shillong Cherrapunji Dawki Mawlynnong Tour Package is just the right choice for you. This region in Meghalaya is known for its natural beauty, charming villages, and cultural heritage. The 6 Nights 7 days itinerary covers some of the most stunning destinations in this region, including Shillong, Cherrapunji, Mawlynnong, and Dawki.
Shillong Cherrapunji Dawki Mawlynnong Tour Package
Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya, is known for its pleasant climate, lush green hills, and colonial architecture. The city is often referred to as the ‘Scotland of the East’ for its resemblance to the Scottish highlands.
Cherrapunji, on the other hand, is famous for its waterfalls, caves, and living root bridges. Mawlynnong, a small village located in the East Khasi Hills, is renowned for being one of the cleanest villages in Asia. Dawki is known for its clear blue river and the famous Umngot river boat ride.
This tour package offers a perfect blend of adventure, culture, and relaxation. Whether you’re looking for trekking, cave, boating, or just enjoying the serene natural beauty, there’s something for everyone in this package.
The best time to visit this region is from October to May when the weather is pleasant and dry. The region receives heavy rainfall during the monsoon season, which makes it difficult to explore the attractions. The temperature ranges from 12°C to 25°C, making it comfortable for visitors to explore the region.
In the following sections, we will provide a detailed itinerary, places to visit, things to do, the best time to visit, the weather, and how to reach the region. So, pack your bags, get ready to explore this beautiful region, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Day 1: Arrival in Guwahati – Transfer to Shillong
- Upon your arrival at Guwahati airport, our representative will greet you and transfer you to Shillong, which is approximately 100 km away.
- Check in at the hotel in Shillong and relax for a while.
- In the evening, explore the local markets and enjoy the nightlife in Shillong.
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
Day 2: Shillong – Cherrapunji
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel and drive to Cherrapunji, which is approximately 54 km away from Shillong.
- En route, visit the Shillong Peak, Elephanta Falls, and Mawkdok Dympep Valley View Point.
- Upon reaching Cherrapunji, check in at the hotel and relax for a while.
- In the evening, visit Nohkalikai Falls, which is the tallest plunge waterfall in India.
- Overnight stay in Cherrapunji.
Day 3: Cherrapunji
- After breakfast, visit the Mawsmai Cave and Arwah Cave, which are two of the most popular caves in Cherrapunji.
- Later, visit the Seven Sisters Falls and Thangkharang Park.
- In the evening, enjoy a traditional Khasi dinner with a local family and learn about their culture.
- Overnight stay in Cherrapunji.
Day 4: Cherrapunji- Mawlynnong
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel and drive to Mawlynnong, which is approximately 90 km away from Cherrapunji.
- Upon reaching Mawlynnong, check in at the hotel and relax for a while.
- Visit the Living Root Bridge, which is a unique bridge made entirely out of tangled roots of rubber trees.
- In the evening, explore the charming village of Mawlynnong and interact with the locals.
- Overnight stay in Mawlynnong.
Day 5: Mawlynnong – Dawki
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel and drive to Dawki, which is approximately 80 km away from Mawlynnong.
- En route, visit the beautiful Krang Suri Waterfalls.
- Upon reaching Dawki, check in at the hotel and relax for a while.
- Enjoy a boat ride on the famous Umngot River, which is known for its crystal clear water.
- In the evening, explore the Dawki market and try the local cuisine.
- Overnight stay in Dawki.
Day 6: Dawki – Shillong
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel and drive back to Shillong, which is approximately 82 km away from Dawki.
- Upon reaching Shillong, check in at the hotel and relax for a while.
- Visit the Don Bosco Museum, which is one of the largest cultural museums in India.
- In the evening, enjoy a musical performance by local artists at the Shillong Cafe.
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
Day 7: Departure
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and transfer to Guwahati airport for your onward journey.
Note: The itinerary is subject to change based on the weather conditions and availability of the attractions.
Places to Visit in Shillong:
- Shillong Peak: This is the highest point in Shillong and offers panoramic views of the city.
- Elephant Falls: The waterfall is named after an elephant-shaped rock nearby and is a popular picnic spot.
- Mawkdok Dympep Valley View Point: This viewpoint offers breathtaking views of the valley and is a great spot for photography.
- Don Bosco Museum: This museum showcases the culture and history of the North-Eastern states of India.
Places to visit in Cherrapunji
- Nohkalikai Falls: This is the tallest plunge waterfall in India and offers stunning views of the valley.
- Mawsmai Cave: This is one of the most popular caves in Cherrapunji and is known for its natural rock formations.
- Arwah Cave: This is another popular cave in Cherrapunji and is known for its stalagmites and stalactites.
- Seven Sisters Falls: This is a group of seven waterfalls that cascade down the cliffs.
Places to Visit in Mawlynnong
- Living Root Bridge: This is a unique bridge made entirely out of tangled roots of rubber trees and is a must-visit attraction in Mawlynnong.
- Sky View Point: This viewpoint offers stunning views of the Bangladesh plains and the village of Mawlynnong.
- Balancing Rock: This is a natural rock formation that is balanced on a smaller rock and is a popular spot for photography.
Places to Visit in Dawki
- Umngot River: This river is known for its crystal clear water and offers a unique boat ride experience.
- Krang Suri Waterfalls: This is a beautiful waterfall located enroute to Dawki and is a great spot for a dip in the cool water.
- Dawki Market: This is a local market where you can buy souvenirs, handicrafts, and try the local cuisine.
These attractions offer a perfect blend of natural beauty, adventure, and cultural experiences. Be sure to visit each of these places to get a complete experience of the Shillong Cherrapunji Mawlynnong Dawki Tour Package.
Things to Do In Shillong
- Visit Ward’s Lake: This is a man-made lake located in the heart of Shillong and is a popular spot for boating and picnics.
- Explore Police Bazar: This is a bustling market in Shillong where you can shop for souvenirs, clothes, and try local street food.
- Visit Shillong Golf Course: This is one of the oldest golf courses in India and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills.
- Enjoy a concert at the Shillong Music Festival: Shillong is known as the ‘Rock Capital’ of India and hosts an annual music festival that attracts music lovers from all over the world.
Things to Do In Cherrapunji
- Go Trekking: Cherrapunji has some of the best trekking routes in India and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and waterfalls.
- Visit the Double Decker Living Root Bridge: This is a unique bridge made entirely out of living roots and is a popular spot for photography.
- Explore the Mawphlang Sacred Grove: This is a sacred forest located near Cherrapunji and is a popular spot for nature lovers and bird watchers.
- Enjoy the Nongriat Village Trek: This is a challenging trek that takes you to the remote village of Nongriat, where you can see the famous Rainbow Falls.
Things to Do In Mawlynnong
- Visit the Mawlynnong Village: This is a small village located in the East Khasi Hills and is known as the ‘Cleanest Village in Asia’.
- Go Ziplining: Mawlynnong offers a thrilling ziplining experience that takes you over the lush green forests and valleys.
- Learn about Khasi Culture: Mawlynnong is home to the Khasi community, and you can learn about their culture and traditions by interacting with the locals.
- Visit the Mawlynnong Waterfall: This is a beautiful waterfall located near the village and is a great spot for a picnic.
Things to Do In Dawki
- Go Boating: Dawki is known for its crystal-clear waters, and you can enjoy a boat ride on the Umngot River.
- Visit the Indo-Bangladesh Border: Dawki is located near the India-Bangladesh border, and you can visit the border checkpoint and interact with the Border Security Force personnel.
- Try local cuisine: Dawki offers a variety of local delicacies, including Jadoh (a rice dish), Nakham Bitchi (dried fish chutney), and Tungrymbai (fermented soybean).
These are just some of the many things to do in the Shillong Cherrapunji Mawlynnong Dawki Tour Package. Be sure to try them all to get a complete experience of the region.
Best Time to Visit and Weather
The best time to visit Shillong Cherrapunji Mawlynnong Dawki Tour Package is between October and May when the weather is pleasant, and the skies are clear. During this time, the temperature ranges from 10°C to 25°C, making it ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
The monsoon season in this region starts in June and lasts until September. Cherrapunji, in particular, receives heavy rainfall during this period, and some of the attractions may be closed due to safety concerns. The rains also make the trekking routes and waterfalls inaccessible.
During the winter months of December to February, the temperature in Shillong and Cherrapunjidrops to as low as 2°C, and the region experiences occasional snowfall. While the winter months can be a bit chilly, the clear blue skies and the snow-capped hills make for stunning views and photographic opportunities.
How to Reach
Shillong Cherrapunji Mawlynnong Dawki Tour Package is well-connected by air, rail, and road.
The nearest airport to Shillong is Umroi Airport, which is located about 25 km from the city center. However, the airport has limited connectivity, and flights are infrequent. The nearest major airport is Guwahati’s Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, which is located about 120 km from Shillong. From Guwahati, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Shillong.
The nearest railway station to Shillong is Guwahati Railway Station, which is well-connected to major cities in India. From Guwahati, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Shillong, which is located about 100 km away.
Shillong is well-connected by road to major cities in Northeast India. You can take a bus or hire a taxi from Guwahati, which is located about 100 km away. The road from Guwahati to Shillong is scenic, and you can enjoy the beauty of the hills and forests along the way.
Once you reach Shillong, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach Cherrapunji, Mawlynnong, and Dawki. Private taxis and shared cabs are also available for hire, and you can negotiate the fare with the drivers.
Reaching Shillong Cherrapunji Mawlynnong Dawki Tour Package is easy and convenient, and you can choose the mode of transport that suits you the best.
Shillong Cherrapunji Mawlynnong Dawki Tour Package is a must-visit destination for those who love nature, adventure, and culture. The tour package offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, thrilling adventures, and cultural experiences. From exploring the stunning waterfalls and living root bridges of Cherrapunjee to visiting the cleanest village in Asia – Mawlynnong, and experiencing the crystal-clear waters of Dawki, the tour package has something for everyone.
The itinerary of the tour package is designed to cover all the major attractions of the region, and the duration of 6 nights and 7 days is perfect for exploring the region at a leisurely pace. The places to visit and things to do in the tour package offer a unique and immersive experience of the culture and traditions of the region.
Shillong Cherrapunji Mawlynnong Dawki Tour Package is a hidden gem of Northeast India, and a visit to this region is an experience that will stay with you for a lifetime. So, pack your bags and head to this beautiful region to explore its natural beauty, culture, and adventure.